As a little recap of all the trends we’ve seen featured in tcm so far this season, we present to you the impeccably curated J.Crew Fall 2011 lookbook where stripes, bright colors + neutrals, tailored blazers, carefully edited proportions and fun extras masterfully create J.Crew’s preppy chic signature look- a total must-have for this fall.
Photo credits: J.Crew
Perennially on-trend Breton stripes are an elegant woman’s best friend and a serious must-have in her closet. This versatile print can be dressed up or down while delivering a chic and timeless allure to any ensemble. No wonder the French have been wearing them for decades! Opt for tops, sweaters or even shirt dresses in the stylish print and keep the rest simple but polished à la Jackie O. For a fun twist, add quirky accessories like a statement necklace or bold color pumps- think of London tastemaker Alexa Chung. Update the classic look by wearing a slightly longer buttoned up collar shirt under a boat-neck sweater, cropped pants and lace-up wedge booties. Don’t be afraid to mix and match! Scroll down for an edit of the best breton stripes we’ve found this season and while we’re at it let us prove to you why this style especially works its magic on the the ever-changing pregnant body.
1. Hatch Collection the soiree dress, $248
2. Topshop maternity Breton stripe sweatshirt, $52
3. Debenhams stripe cozy cardigan, $17 (note: hurry up! few cardis left!)
4. Isabella Oliver ruched Breton button top, $95 (note: additional 20% with EXTRA20 coupon at checkout!)
5. J.Crew striped knitted cotton sweater, $78
6. Isabella Oliver ruched Breton button dress, $145 (note: additional 20% with EXTRA20 coupon at checkout!)
7. ASOS maternity longline Breton top, $35
Photo credits: Pinterest