These past few days have been tricky in terms of choosing outerwear options to keep the cool spring days from dropping our internal temps (stay away flu!), so we thought a story on how to solve this dilemma would be quite fitting. Sure there’s the always classic trench to pull out from our wardrobe and call it a (chic) day, but our absolute favorite is the versatile blazer. We simply can’t think of a more transitional piece than the blazer, perfect for spring and fall, and even on breezy summer nights. This one item can make your denim look 9-to-5 appropriate and give your cocktail dress a bit more structure in just a snap. Construction and fit are absolute key here, so pay as much as your budget will allow for a great blazer. This is a before, during and after preggers type of garment, so impeccable quality will go a long way. To give you some ideas on how to make this piece work for different looks, we’ve rounded up images of celebs and style bloggers sporting this seasonally appropriate solution.
1. Jessica Alba was effortlessly chic in a classic black blazer + dark wash denim combo. She added a statement handbag in orange to inject some color to the outfit.
2. Kelly from Kelly Hick Design layered an always stylish jacket in navy blue over a simple cardi and jeans.
3. Molly Sims kept her look simple while running errands, by throwing on a dark blazer over a maxi dress.
4. Miranda Kerr elevated her look by adding a grey jacket over a tank and skinny jeans.
5. Natalie from Natalie Bergh pulled together an eclectic look by opting for leggings and a blouse, all star shoes and a tailored blazer.
6. Terra from Stylish White Female grounded a magenta maxi dress with a black suit jacket.
Photo Credits: Pinterest