Floral prints made an appearance in many designers’ Spring Summer 2012 runway shows such as Prabal Gurung, Proenza Schouler, Giambattista Valli and Erdem in a big, bold way. This season’s must-have pattern comes in magnified versions, 3D motifs and against metallic fabrics. To work this trend into your everyday wardrobe, let this one blossoming piece be your statement, keep everything else in a neutral palette and wear minimal jewelry. Here’s a roundup of our (bump-friendly) translation to this flourishing trend.
1. More of Me Penelope Bib Dress, $170
2. Milly poppy-print canvas tote, $95
3. ASOS maternity cropped-pants in floral, $50
4. ALDO Doria clutch, $40
5. Jason Wu Orchid Rain candle by NEST Fragrances, $48 (Available in April Neiman Marcus/Saks Fifth Avenue)
6. Thakoon Addition draped printed jersey dress, $295
7. Nine West Letitgo peep toe wedge, $89